I try to dress up every day because it has a big impact on my attitude. A lot of my hobbies have to do with dressing up! Wearing a cute outfit is a form of self-expression for me, and it’s a way to brighten my day. I chronicle my outfits here to see what looks good or what needs improvement, and to challenge myself to mix it up a little bit.
By day, I’m an MBA student studying Digital Media Management. Basically, this means I'm earning a degree in Twitter. Just kidding. It's a business education combined with studies in new and emerging media. I love earning an education in a program I am passionate about.
In my spare time, I make costumes, hoop dance, go to lolita meetups, and partake in geeky events.
Questions? Comments? Want to team up? Please contact me!
twitter / email
twitter / email
About xo Mia
xo Mia began in 2012 as a personal style blog, but quickly evolved to a platform where I share all things important to me. To start off 2014, the blog changed from www.MiaMoore.net to xoMia.com to reflect this shift in content.
xo Mia is my love letter to anything I am passionate about - from cosplay and convention culture to style and fictional character-inspired fashion. Style, Cosplay & Living the Geek Life just about sums it up! For more information about the name change, check out this post here.
- Daily Outfits - by Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter
- Style Icon - style inspired by fictional characters
- Cosplay 101 - cosplay tutorials and tips
- Monthly Activities - suggestions for making the best of each month
- Mani Monday
- Superheroesque is my geeky self-love project with Liz Locksley.
- I review comics on Good to be a Geek's Comic Book Heroines podcast.
- The Female Geek Bloggers group hosts panel discussions and I've been on two episodes, cosplay and conventions.
- I wrote an article on The Austinot - Top 5 Geek Spots in Austin.
Around the Web
- "Scott Pilgrim Craft: Ramona Flowers Hammer" on Geek Crafts
- Deer-Girl Halloween Costume (pg. 28) featured in District Magazine
- "Daenerys' Gruesome Heart-Eating Scene Gets Incredible Cosplay" on All That's Epic
- "11 Ramona Flowers Cosplays" on Cos Couture
- "Cosplay LVL: Subspace!" on Sub Cultured
- "Best Cosplay Ever (This Week)" on ComicsAlliance
- "Ramona Flowers from 'SCOTT PILGRIM' brings the hammer of awesome" on Omega-Level
- "Lady Geek of the Week: Mia Moore" on Being Geek Chic
- "Interview - Mia Moore!" on The Comic Book Show
- "Best Cosplay Ever: Austin Comic Con 2013" on ComicsAlliance
- "Celestial Bodies // Mia from Mia Moore" on A Geek Tragedy
- "Who's That Geek? It's Mia Moore!" on Leslie IRL
- "Web Time Wasters" on Yes & Yes
How to Support This Site
- Subscribe through your favorite RSS reader or Bloglovin' to keep up with new posts.
- Share your favorite posts or the whole website with friends or on other venues online.
- Become a Sponsor.
- Donate through PayPal.
- Purchase wish list items from Amazon.com (mostly craft supplies, cosplay materials, or books).
- Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this blog are affiliate links, for which I get a small kickback for traffic or sales. If I have received a product from a company, I will state so in the post or indicate it with "c/o." I will never recommend a product I wouldn't spend my own money on - all thoughts and opinions are my own! I invest a lot of time and money in this blog and using affiliate links allows me to (somewhat) recoup my investment. Thank you for understanding!